Since opening our doors from January-September 30, 2012, we have
Other Accomplishment Include:
• Launched the new Pets Come First Website.
• Recreated a new look and feel for the Pets Come First Facebook Page
• Created a Board/Fundraising/Grant Writing Team
• Created Volunteer Coordinator position to recruit/train/schedule volunteers for the adoption center, special events, and fundraising.
• Set up new Adoption/Surrender/Foster Care policy and procedures
• Revamped and created new operating policies and procedures
• Researched/Implemented new Adoption Center Software
• Implemented a new Accounting System
• Re-evaluated and renegotiated contracts on all billing setup by PSPCA to save on monthly operating costs
• Set up new postage system
• Cleaned/Scrubbed/Disinfected and repainted office, kennels and the two cat rooms
• Removed dropped ceiling in cat room and added 2 ceiling fans
• Reorganized the cat room to create a welcoming and fun environment
• Created an additional back office work for greater efficiency
• Designed/installed/raised funds/fixed lighting for a new PCF sign – donated by Metzger Animal Hospital
• Removed damaged wooden fencing and debris from runs
• Replaced lighting and repainted outdoor post and railings
• Working on redesigning the landscape
• Added decor features to create insulation to help with heating and cooling the facility
• Implemented a Low Cost Spay/Neuter Program for cats and dogs, working with local Veterinarians
• Implemented a monthly TNR clinic
• Coordinated with local businesses delivery and drop off of weekly donations
• Started compost for grass clippings and horse manure
• Implemented a Recycling Program eliminating 2 dumpsters
• Applied/Granted funds to repair drainage problem at the horse barn
• Installed a concrete pad, stall flooring and new mats.
• Phase 2 will include installing storage and shelving units in the barn
• Applied/Granted fund for spaying & neutering cats
• Held the Fourth Annual Dog Jog Fundraiser
• Held many other successful fundraising events
• Totaling approximately $60,000 in 7 months.
• Jabco-Maggi Motors donated a van to transport animals to and from medical appointments.
• Gavek Graphics donated decals for the van
• Repaired/Maintained all outside equipment-lawn mowers, riding garden tractor, weed eater and snow blower
• Create a storage area for all fundraising supplies and facility supplies.
• Set up a separate area for medical and grooming