The Fifth Annual Dog Jog turned out beautifully! The weather was perfect and 256 runners and walkers, along with 156 dogs, joined us for an amazing day! Thank you to all of the runners, walkers, sponsors, vendors, volunteers, Dog Jog committee, and everyone else who helped to make this a wonderful day for all!
This is one of our favorite events, an opportunity to see many adopted PCF dogs and their new families, and a day for us to join in the fun with our many loyal supporters! The Dog Jog is a wonderful example of how our community comes together to help make a difference one animal at a time. Together we raised over $15,000 in both monetary and donated items. If you were unable to attend, read what Steve Bauer and Sam Stitzer from StateCollege.com had to say about the event!
We are extremely grateful to everyone involved!
- Thank you Deb Warner, President of Pets Come First, for having a passion for animals and giving her heart and soul to the animals each and every day.
- Thank you to the Dog Jog Committee who has spent the last few months of their time in planning this great event.
- Thank you to the Grange Fair Grounds for their facility and working with us to make it a safe event.
- Thank you to Dr. Mark Koshko of Metzger Animal Hospital for being on-site in case of an emergency.
- Thank you to Dave Eggler for timing the race.
- Thank you to Tor Michaels for serving as our entertaining emcee.
- Thank you to StateCollege.com.
- Thank you to our generous and talented photographers: Trina Bauer of Trina Bauer Photography, Sabine Carey of FreeRanging Photography, Michelle Grove of Redheaded Ninja Photography, and Tori Sulewski of Winglessdog Photography.
- Thank you to all the Top Dogs, Ball Bouncers, Lap Dogs, and Ankle Biter Sponsors who provided monetary contributions, advertisement and printing.
- Thank you to all the Rescues/Vendors who participated in our Pet Fair. They made contributions by providing refreshments, awards, offering services and helping us to educate the public on animal care and services available in our area.
- Thank you to all the Volunteers who make a difference. They give of their time and share with their families and friends the importance of giving back to their communities, by helping out at the Dog Jog event in all capacities, taking pictures, contacting sponsors, baking treats and caring for our furry friends.
Did you know that you can buy pictures from the Dog Jog?
Order digital files of the pictures from the Dog Jog and and help raise money for Pets Come First!
- Visit http://orders.freerangingphotography.com to view the pictures taken by FreeRanging Photography and Redheaded Ninja and to place your order. All proceeds will be donated to Pets Come First.
- Tori Sulewski, of Winglessdog Photography, is donating 50% of the sales of her photos to Pets Come First. Visit her Dog Jog album at http://winglessdog.smugmug.com
/Pets/2013-Dog-Jog/to place your order.
Thank you to Sabine, Michelle, and Tori for their amazing photos and for offering to do these fundraisers for Pets Come First!