Since opening our doors on January 5, 2012, PCF has …….
Other Accomplishment Include:
- Launched the new Pets Come First Website.
- Recreated a new look and feel for the Pets Come First Facebook Page
- Created a Board/Fundraising/Grant Writing Team
- Created Volunteer Coordinator position to recruit/train/schedule volunteers for the adoption center, special events, and fundraising.
- Setup new Adoption/Surrender/Foster Care policy and procedures
- Revamped and created new operating policies and procedures
- Researched/Implemented new Adoption Center Software
- Implemented a new Accounting System
- Re-evaluated and renegotiated contracts on all billing setup by PSPCA to save on monthly operating costs
- Set up new postage system
- Cleaned/Scrubbed/Disinfected and repainted office, kennels and the two cat rooms
- Removed dropped ceiling in cat room and added 2 ceiling fans
- Reorganized the cat room to create a welcoming and fun environment
- Created an additional back office work for greater efficiency
- Designed/installed/raised funds/fixed lighting for a new PCF sign – donated by Metzger Animal Hospital
- Removed damaged wooden fencing and debris from runs
- Replaced lighting and repainted outdoor post and railings
- Working on redesigning the landscape
- Added decor features to create insulation to help with heating and cooling the facility
- Implemented a Low Cost Spay/Neuter Program for cats and dogs, working with local Veterinarians
- Implemented a monthly TNR clinic
- Coordinated with local businesses delivery and drop off of weekly donations
- Started compost for grass clippings and horse manure
- Implemented a Recycling Program eliminating 2 dumpsters
- Applied/Granted funds to repair drainage problem at the horse barn
- Installed a concrete pad, stall flooring and new mats
- Phase 2 will include installing storage and shelving units in the barn
- Applied/Granted fund for spaying & neutering cats
- Held the Fourth Annual Dog Jog Fundraiser
- Held many other successful fundraising events
- Totaling approximately $60,000 in 7 months.
- Jabco-Maggi Motors donated a van to transport animals to and from medical appointments.
- Gavek Graphics donated decals for the van
- Repaired/Maintained all outside equipment-lawn mowers, riding garden tractor, weed eater and snow blower
- Create a storage area for all fundraising supplies and facility supplies.
- Setup a separate area for medical and grooming